EMERGENCY FIRST RESPONDER
CPR and First Aid: Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care First aid and CPR are good skills for anyone involved in adventure sports – just in case.
Emergency First Response is a PADI affiliate that specializes in teaching these lifesaving skills – and they’re for anyone, not just divers. Most PADI Instructors are also Emergency First Response Instructors!
The fun part about Emergency First Response training is learning serious medical emergency response skills in an upbeat, positive environment. You gain the confidence that you are prepared to help in an emergency.
The Fun Part
What You Learn in the EFR Primary and Secondary Care Courses
• BLS (Basic Life Support) CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
• AED (automated external defibrillator) use (optional)
• Preventing and caring for shock
• Spinal injury management
• Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
• Basic first aid and first aid kit considerations
Through a combination of independent study and skill practice with an instructor, you’ll build the confidence and skills to provide basic emergency care. The Primary and Secondary Care Manual and video, preview emergency scenarios and provide step-by-step skill demonstrations.
The Emergency First Response Care at a Glance card is a quick-reference guide for emergency situations. Designed to fit in a glove compartment or backpack, the Care at a Glance card is an important component for any first-aid or disaster preparedness kit.
To purchase these products, contact us.
The Learning Materials You Need
To enroll in Emergency First Response courses, you must:
• Care about other people and want to be able to assist them in a medical emergency